The electronic engine management system has become a fundamental element in modern motor vehicles. It works to prevent failures that might seriously compromise the safety of the driver. Efficient monitoring of the operating parameters makes it possible to maintain high performance, while reducing fuel consumption and emissions to the environment, and prolonging the life of the components.
The latest generation vehicles are equipped with a system of sensors, positioned at critical points of the vehicle, which communicate with the engine control unit, transmitting information and alarm signals.
Facet manufactures a range of over 1300 sensors that perform different measurement and/or control functions:
- Engine oil pressure (oil pressure transmitters),
- Coolant temperature (water temperature transmitters),
- Number of revolutions and motor phase (CKP and CMP sensors),
- Vibration of the engine block caused by knocking (knock sensors),
- Position of the throttle valve (throttle position sensors),
- Presence of unburned fuel in the exhaust gases (oxygen sensors),